Saturday

Hawaii's Hottest X5 M has DiMisaTips!


From the XBimmer forums, we are please to share M3 Guy's super hot X5M with our tips.  Here's his post below. We love when folks share their experience and we also love when car guys like M3Guy from Hawaii get creative and find ways to fit our product on other models in the BMW line-up.  It's been rumored our tips also fit the brand new 4-series cars too (shhhhhhh....)









Over the weekend I had my exhaust tips replaced on the stock system to give it a more aggressive look. I plan on getting an exhaust next year sometime but wanted the look for now. I began researching what was available on the forum here and was able to find two companies that offered a tip solution though none of them mentioned anything about a X5M. 

The goal was to get some 90mm tips. I also had to measure the outlet pipes on the oem muffler, which comes out to 2.5 inches. So with 2.5 outlet and 90mm tips as my goal I began looking. This where www.dimisatips.com came into play. It seems that a lot of the 335i e90 guys get these tips and almost all of the feedback I've read was positive. Plus the e90 335i's have an oem exhaust outlet of 2.5, so fitment would be perfect. I also liked the fact they are made here in the USA and made to order. So I went ahead and took a risk and bought two pairs off of their site. I purchased the silver v3.5's. They also offer a 102mm (4 inches), but I wasn't too sure if they would fit or not. These tips have an inlet of 2.25, which is perfect as they can be flared open just enough to slip over the oem outlet for a nice weld. They came in Friday and I had them installed Saturday.

No comments: